Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Tuesday of the Beast


Hey, kids! It's 6/6/6! Or 6/6/06. Whatever. The good little Christian girl in me is getting a bit of a thrill from this. Note that I can't tell if this is a fun thrill or actually a bit of a scary, chilled thrill caused by the inevitable doom that is about to befall us all. It could be either. We'll see.

In addition to today being the birthday of the Anti-Christ, it is also a race day for my bro-bro. Hope the weather will be fantastic for them, because I think it was really rainy at his last race. And riding bikes in the rain ain't much fun, in my experience.

So we know how my brother is celebrating Satan's b-day. But I'm not sure what I'll do. Part of me thought it might be fun to go to the maternity ward of the local hospital and watch the new mothers freak out about the possible damnation of their precious wee widdle bundles of doom.

Then I realized that I don't know the location of our closest hospital. Goodness, there's so much to learn when you move! Just a few days ago, Tim realized that we had not yet told the Dept. of Homeland Security that we moved ... which you really need to do if you're an evil non-American like my hubby. Not to worry, though. It's all straightened out now.


Honestly, though, I'm probably just going to go shopping. Grocery shopping especially. I've been super sick lately (you sooooo do not want to hear the details), so I need to get some fud. And I think that the hell of moving is "celebration" enough for Satan. And I am married to an evil non-American. So I'm doing my part, right? Maybe I'll get to the grocery store and find an evil devil-horned tomato like Neil Gaiman here.

In good, non-devil-worship related news ... my car still works great! Woo hoo! And Tim got his drivers license renewed (Guess I better start studying for mine). And our trash service will finally start tomorrow. And we met the homeowners last weekend and they were nice. And we went to a sale & bought a new set of 600 thread-count sheets for about 40 bucks! Just 40!! And that includes tax! My excitement about this is further proof that I'm really an adult now. Which makes me a little less excited. But then I think again about those 600-thread-count, 100% cotton, deep pocket sheets & I just don't mind anymore. Mmmmm ... soft sheeeeets ... feel so good it's almost sinful. Now that's a great way to celebrate Satn's b-day!

4 comments:

The Forgotten Wonder Triplet said...

you know, satans birthday could very well have been June 6, 1806.

I'm just sayin..

Mary said...

Well then, Happy 200th to Satan! You never looked younger. Or something. Just sayin ...

Where are you now? Do you have a roof over your head? Running water? Running water (and more specifically, a toilet that can flush) is very important. Trust me on this.

The Forgotten Wonder Triplet said...

I am staying at my sisters house until I get my paycheck from Regis, then I'm heading to my moms house. wOOt!

also, I have a flushing toilet. which rules.

georgeious said...

she's reappeared! not satan, nahhhh, that would be boring. the triplet is back on the radar - wheee!

satan is soooooo five minutes ago. be now be hip be today and happening.