Monday, September 29, 2008

V&T's wedding weekend: Part 1

Hello, gang! After a long hiatus, I'm back! And I have oodles of photos to share with you all (although not quite as many as I would have liked). As I may or may not have mentioned before, my dance card was pretty full for the month of September. First my parents and my brother, Ray, came to NC to visit us for a bit. Then I traveled to Dallas to attend Travis & Veronica's wedding. It's been an absolute blast & I'd love to share some of the details with you in photographic form.

First of all, I'm going to throw chronology out the window & focus on pics from this past weekend & the big wedding celebration. Today's batch of photos are from Friday, the 26th of September ... AKA Veronica's last day as a swingin' single gal. I was spoiled on that day because I got to spend a lot of private one-on-one girl time with the Woman of the Hour. We went to a fabulous Elvis-themed Mexican restaurant called Chuy's, where I was so stunned by the fabulously tacky scenery that I forgot to take any photos! So now all of you will have to go there & experience the fabulosity for yourselves. It's worth it. Trust me.

Next we walked & shopped. 'Cause that's what girls do best, right?

Outside "Wild About Harry's" hot dog emporium. I could make a very tacky joke here, but I'll leave that up to your own imaginations.

And if that's not classy enough for y'all ...




I loved Froggies, the shop where we found these glasses. Imagine Lulu Faboo, only bigger. I refuse to disclose how much money I spent there.


V wasn't the only one craving wieners that day.

I love that "Do Not Climb On Me" sign. There's something hilariously sad about it.

The rest of the afternoon was spent with Holly & george, wandering around Target's lingerie department, wondering if adhesive bras actually work or if they're just a bunch of malarkey. Then it was time for the rehearsal dinner at Maggiano's! Sadly, I have few photos from the dinner (I feel self-conscious about taking photos of other people), but the two I got are awful cute.



Aaaaaaaaw! What an adorable couple!

No comments: