Saturday, February 28, 2009

What we've been doing

I know I sometimes give the impression that I spend my days alone, watching an endless loop of Gilmore Girls reruns and obsessing about my cat's every movement. That's not really the case, though. I actually get out &, ya know, do stuff & hang out with people. Here's a little photographic evidence.

Tim and I went to LEGO-palooza at the local planetarium. Why? Because we love Lego! How could you not? As a happy bonus, it was free. Many of the creations - especially those made my adults - were very impressive. I wish you could see the detail on this Arabian-inspired castle.

The guy who made this even decorated the interior of the castle: spiral staircases, checkerboard floors, furniture. The only thing I might have liked more was the Harry Potter Quiddich scene.

This thing looked even cooler in person. The talented woman who created this made one scene inspired by each Harry Potter book. I should have asked her how long it took to make them, but my jaw was too busy hanging open.

We also went to a car show where Tim got to sit in an Audi R8. If you look closely you can see him in there, grinning like a school boy.

We spent a lot of time sitting in an A3 while Tim said, "See? Isn't it nice? Don't you like it? Don't you?" while hope radiated out of his pores. We also checked out Porsches, BMWs, & Maseratis. I must admit that the suede interior of the Maserati felt kinda ... pervy. But the back seats recline, so surely it must be worth the $150K price tag. Could someone tell me why the Maserati logo looks like a W? I know it's supposed to be the business end of a trident, but it's confusing. Also, the new Jaguar logo kinda sucks.

If I keep insulting the little details it won't bother me that I cannot afford these vehicles. That's my excuse & I'm stickin' by it.

We are pushers ... Rock Band pushers. The last few times we've eaten out with friends, we've still ended up back at our place playing Rock Band. Here's a pic of Tim teaching the finer details to our most recent addicts, Dana & Benni.

When Kevin & Shawna tried Rock Band for the first time back in January, it was as if they'd taken Video Game Crack. They were instantly hooked. Sometimes they stop by twice in one week just to get their rock on. It's a sickness, I tells ya.

Although we love going out & seeing people, sometimes we're happiest when we're at home alone. It's even better when I've been experimenting in the kitchen. Last week I made my first souffle. Cheese souffle, to be precise.

Doesn't that look luscious? Neither Tim nor I had ever eaten a souffle before, but we were very happy with the results of this baby. Mmmm ... fluffy cheesy goodness ...

Ya know, sometimes staying home isn't so bad afterall.

1 comment:

georgeious said...

fluffy cheesy goodness? why oh why wasn't i there?!?!? i am so jealous.