Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A British Invasion


First, let me pass on my belated thanks to everyone who wrote or called to say that they liked the video. I know my contribution was extraordinarily small, so it was sweet that so many people were so complimentary and encouraging. Hopefully in the coming months I'll have more little successes to report. Fingers crossed!



I didn't get to thank you all earlier because I've been a busy little bee. We just experienced our 2nd wave of family this summer. Tim's dad, Ken and Ken's friend, Pat, came all the way from England to spend some time with us here in North Carolina.



They were in the state for nearly 2 weeks. They spent the first few days at the Yearly Meeting of the Quakers here in NC, then they stayed with us for a spell. This was Ken's first visit to NC and Pat's first time in the United States, so there was a LOT to see, but we tried not to overwhelm them too much. We spent a couple of days in the mountains ...



... and a couple hours by the ocean ...



... but most of our time was spent somewhere in between.



Not to worry. We let them relax some, too. Movies were watched. Card games were played. Chocolate chip cookies were consumed ... and buttermilk biscuits and homemade ice cream and every variation of tea imaginable. Sounds like a good vacation to me! If it sounds good to you, too, just let us know. Our guest room awaits!

1 comment:

Beverly said...

Hello, I've read your blog, looked longingly at the pictures of the trips with Ken and Tiff. You are in such trouble. All of your loved ones are now packing a bag and saving for plane fare!!!! Its so beautiful there! And you two are so fun to hang out with. Just love to read your stuff. Frankly I think you should start your own web site for the area, posting pictures of fun places like you're doing. You could even take ads to support it and make some money. You REALLY have a talent for this. I would check you out all the time if I lived in your area or were traveling there. Love you bunches!!! Mom