Thursday, January 14, 2010

Needs more fiber



We've been back in North Carolina for 2 weeks. In that time, I've experienced the following:
* 2 dental appointments (ouch)
* 2 acting gigs at Duke (fun!)
* Finished 2 knitting projects (both of which were for ME for a change)
* Went to a wedding show with Jennifer (where I drank a fair amount of champagne and ate WAY too much cake)
* Partied at Kevin & Shawna's house (where I danced to "Pump Up The Jam" perhaps a little too enthusiastically)
* Invited Jennifer & Kyle over for dinner and the final episode of Doctor Who (sniff)
* Watched a TON of PBS (They've had some excellent shows on lately).


So all in all, I've been comfortably busy. But no matter what I'm doing lately, the thing that has truly occupied my thoughts more than anything else is knitting. I've enjoyed knitting for years now, but recently it has taken over me with a new intensity. I spend hours every day looking over new patterns. I find myself contemplating new stitches before I get out of bed in the morning. Less than 48 hours ago I finished up my most recent project and I have felt antsy ever since. I need something new to make!


Yes, it's true. I'm addicted to needles. And I intend to share that addiction with you - or at least the products of that addiction - over the next week or so.

4 comments:

derek said...

wheeee!

Unknown said...

i've had a bajillion people ask where i got my glittens. iflaunt them everywhere i go now, so make a mental note that they are a most wonderful thing.

Shreyas said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sue Page said...

Hiya, I am Sue Page and I wantd to say that I enjoy knitting too. I have recently completed a couple of Cowls and must say that I have enjoyed doing them as they have been found to be extremely useful to the users.

you will find me on facebook too.