Monday, January 08, 2007

Xmas piccies

For Christmas this year, my darling husband got me a digital camera.

This made me feel kinda crap because all I got for him was a Dr. Who box set and some slacks. Okay, I also got him a sweater (seen in the above photo), but that certainly pales in comparison to my sweet camera. It's much nicer than his old camera (which is so old that it does not even have a zoom. I kid you not). Plus, my camera fits in my purse! So now I take it with me everywhere.

And this means you all should expect more photos from me from here on out. Yay! But I've never done this before, so in addition to this post being a little slide show of our Xmas celebrations, it is kinda a test. If something looks wrong or the pics are so huge that you can only see Tim's eyebrow in the first pic, I hope you'll mention it to me. Constructive criticism is all good. And many thanks to my brothers because they took many of the photos here.


In our family, Christmas just isn't Christmas without my mother's made-from-scratch yeast rolls. They are amaaaaaazing.
My brother, Ray, helps make the rolls now, too. He was at my parents' home before 8am on Xmas day just so he could start making the dough. Now that's dedication! In the photo below you can see his hands rolling the dough into balls. My only job in this process is to drench the rolls in a couple layers of melted butter before we pop them in the oven. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.


Notice the paper tubes at each place setting? Those are Christmas Crackers - an English tradition. I got them as a surprise for Tim. Rip them open & they make a CRACK sound. Inside is a paper crown, a bad joke, and a toy. I chose crackers with a musical theme, so we all got a little whistle & music to go with them. It was ... an interesting experiment. :)
Obligatory photo of the tree post present-opening extravaganza. Mom has developed this habit of buying us wacky Xmas ornaments every year. I think the weirdest one she got for me is made up of three multi-colored chickens wearing high heels and fancy hats. They're 3 French hens, get it? Huh? Get it?!?! HaHaHa!!! Well, it always amuses Mom, at any rate. In retaliation, last year I got her an ornament of a lobster in a grass skirt that will wave its claws if you pull a string that comes out of its tail. Beat THAT, Mom!
The Emily Pup looking unusually calm and dignified.

Me in my Christmas cracker crown. King me!

1 comment:

georgeious said...

eee! i luuurrrrve the photos, and the rolls sound super good. (there were a few that got overlapped with each other, but the sizing on all of them is great, just because you wanted to know.) now when do we get to see the chicken?