Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Kvetch Up


My favorite little on-line community has a thread called "Kvetch Up" that is very active. People mainly chat in that thread & talk about what is going on in their lives. We "kvetch" about the bad & annoying stuff, but we also list our "anti-kvetches" (the good stuff). Often times when I write my blog, I think of the layout of entries in that thread & it's hard for me to break out of that pattern. So I'm just going to embrace it.

Anti-kvetch: It's BEAUTIFUL outside! The air conditioning is off and the windows are open. On Friday we got a good rain for the first time in months and suddenly everything is crisp and cool and gorgeous. The plants are happier, too.


Kvetch: The cell phone reception at our house is worse than EVER. I cannot conduct a single phone call without the line going dead. The longest I could stay on the line without losing reception was 2 minutes. SUCKS.

Kvetch: My laptop tried to die yesterday. It kept freezing up & had to be rebooted. Sometimes it took 15 minutes for it to reboot. UGH. Understand that I spend many many hours sitting on our couch with this thing on my little lap desk in front of me. Losing my laptop would be like losing my eyes. It was super stressful. It seems to be better today, though (touch wood).


Anti-kvetch: About a week ago we ordered a fancy DVD/book case with glass doors on the front. It arrived yesterday and it is SO pretty! It's almost as tall as I am & it holds sooooo so much stuff. And it looks so much better than the pile of cardboard boxes we've had in the corner of the living room for the past 4 months.

Anti-kvetch: Mom called to tell me some good news. It's a long story, but basically I gave her some advice & she took it & as a result, she's going to graduate with her degree in Spanish in December! She thought she was going to have to wait until May or possibly even December '08, but that isn't the case anymore. Hooray! Woo hoo!


Anti-kvetch: Mom was so appreciative that she sent me flowers. Aaaaawww!

2 comments:

lizgwiz said...

Those flowers are bee-yoo-ti-ful. What a nice mom. :)

Mary said...

Thanks, Liz! Yes, my mother is very nice and sweet. I'm quite lucky to have her. :)

What's funny is that one of the reasons why I created this entry is because Mom wanted to see what the flowers looked like & if they matched her request! "Is there any baby's breath? Because I told them no baby's breath!" Since she reads my blog, I figured that this was the perfect way to show her. :D