Monday, September 10, 2007

"This day could one day be ... an anniversary"

Five years ago today, I walked off of a plane in Manchester, England and met my future husband. He was wearing a blue and white rain jacket. That was the main thing I knew - look for that jacket! I was so nervous & shy - as was he - but we said hello and made our way across the airport & to the train platform, where the English sky was drizzling slightly.

Tim says that when he first saw me, he knew I was the woman of his dreams. Sadly, I was far too nervous. I wasn't convinced he was meant for me until we got to the train platform about 10 minutes later.

There is a song by Jets to Brazil called "Sweet Avenue" that always reminds me of that first visit. It's a beautiful song & often brings tears to my eyes.
Tasting you and rain I ... walk down to the train
Trying not to look down
This day could one day be ... an anniversary
Everything is light and sound
Facing forwards, going slowly, wait for you to show me
Where this train wants to go
Living by the hour I ... stop for every flower
Everything is soft and slow
Now all these tastes improve through the view that comes with you
Like they handed me my life
For the first time it felt right


If you'd like to hear the song, you can click here and watch a video on YouTube (just ignore the "Pride & Prejudice" film clips) or you can click here and play with the music player on the fan club's website. But whatever you do, please pick one.

Anyway. Happy 5th Meetiversary to us. Here's hoping we continue to meet on this day for many years to come.

1 comment:

lizgwiz said...

Awww...that's so sweet. Happy Meetiversary to you!