Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Anti-kvetch

So ... I've been MIA for nearly 2 weeks now. Sorry about that. I've been pretty stressed out, but I'm starting to get over it. I could write a long, detailed post about my recent "kvetches". However, I've decided to focus on the positive. Won't you join me?

1. Tim and I celebrated our 3rd Elopiversay. Yes, spicecake cupcakes were consumed. Tim even bought me flowers. Aaw!

2. Tim had a birthday! And received his first ever birthday card that poked fun at his age. They should make a birthday card that says "You know you're old when you receive a birthday card that starts off with, 'You know you're old when ...'."

3. Inspired by Tim's rejuvenated interest in music, I have rented a flute! I'm playing it almost daily. I'm not as good as I was in high school, of course, but I'm holding my own pretty well.

4. Derek got a great job! And will be making more money while working for people who appear sane! Hooray!

5. Our friend John who was laid off a while back also got a great job! Too bad it's in Austin. But now he and Laura can feed their kids & that's all that counts.

6. My dear old friend, Karen, had a baby girl! Her name is Chloe Ellen & is super cute.

7. My pal, Janice, is a published author yet again. Her new book "Have You Found Her" - is out now. Run to a bookstore & buy it!

8. I think we might possibly maybe possibly adopt a cat. Maybe. The agency will only adopt their animals out to US Citizens, so keep those fingers crossed.

3 comments:

lizgwiz said...

You should get two cats, you know, so they can keep each other company. (Two is no harder than one. It only gets hard above, say...five.) And if the agency won't adopt to you, just come here and I'll find you some kitties!

Mary said...

Liz, we're looking into that. The cat we have our eye on is a 9 year old tuxedo cat named Millie who lived with a number of other cats.

http://animalrescue.net/companion/adopt_us_ind.php?id=1284&at=cat

Millie's previous owner is an elderly woman who can't live on her own anymore so she had to move into a facility where she can't keep the cats. Poor thing. I sent an e-mail to Millie's foster owner to tell her we're interested in this kitty & asked if she has any "siblings" that need a home, too. :)

lizgwiz said...

Oh, she's beautiful. Her story makes me want to cry. You have to have her--she needs you.