Saturday, June 14, 2008

Girl Party 2008

For those who are curious, no, I'm not dead. Just been busy. First Tim went out to Silicon Valley for a business trip. Then I left town for Girl Party 2008. I just got back Thursday night & my schedule has been pretty tight since then (running errands, dinner with friends, giving the garden CPR, etc.). But now I'm back. Hooray!

But back to my trip.
Girl Party '08: A Girl Party that will go down in history. So historic was this Girl Party that Megan - our dear newlywed - joined us for this trip less than a week after she and Nick tied the knot. Who needs a honeymoon when you can listen to me mumbling in my sleep at the La Quinta?

It was great fun. George, Holly, Megan, and I traveled down to Dallas to spend a couple of days with Veronica. We laughed, we cried, we drank. We bought hats at a truck stop. We ate swedish meatballs at Ikea. A few of us drunkenly stumbled around The Container Store. We ate Ethiopian food, visited two Chinese bakeries, and found ourselves at a little establishment known as Margarita Ranch not just once, but twice. We saw V perform in a play (while the rest of us drank champagne). We watched the Sex and the City movie (although we stayed sober for that). And we all had funky, funky dreams. In short: good times, y'all. Here's some photgraphic evidence. And for those who attended GP'08, keep an eye on your mailbox. Your hard copies will be mailed shortly.



3 comments:

The Forgotten Wonder Triplet said...

I hate that I missed Girlparty '08. It seriously makes me very sad.

But I'm glad you guys had fun.

I'm going off to pout now..

Anonymous said...

Well I am sorry that even though I was there, I still missed out on Drunken Container Store Episode and The Chinese Bakery Expedition. love vee

Mary said...

Maybe next year we should have Girl Party in TanyaLand. Whaddaya think? Sound great to me!

V, you were certainly there in spirit. We couldn't have known about the bakeries without your guidance!