Friday, May 22, 2009

OBX with the fam - part 2


The weather has improved VASTLY in the last couple of days and this trip has been feeling like a proper beach vacation ever since. In the words of Calvin and Hobbes, the days are just packed!


One important piece of advice: If you ever decide to venture out on the beach in the dark of night in search of crabs, please PLEASE wear proper shoes - the type that cover your entire foot. I went barefoot and was soon terrified that I was going to step on one of the many many MANY crabs that were scrabbling across the shore. They were everywhere! And they'd stay still when we shined our flashlight on them, but as soon as we'd move that light they'd run TOWARDS us! Holy jebus, did I squeal. Cassie got a great laugh out of it, though.

1 comment:

The Forgotten Wonder Triplet said...

So, I'm going to be in Chapel Hill next weekend, visiting Scott. I would also like to see you and your charming husband, if that is a possibility. :)

email me: tanyapeterson at gmail dot com.