Sunday, March 11, 2007

I got a GPS!

Ask and ye shall receive! After my horrible experience nearly 2 weeks ago, my dear Tim ordered a Garmin GPS for me and my car. Originally he was going to give it to me for my birthday at the end of April, but it arrived sooner than he expected. Plus, I obviously needed it ASAP! So earlyt in the week, Tim let me open up the box of joy. I was so excited & relieved, I actually cried. Seriously. This weekend we tried it out & it is fabulous!!!! We drove to the other side of the metro area & back ... and did not get lost at all! And so ya know, the voice on ours is the same as on George & Derek's GPS, we are also refering to our GPS as "Sally". It just feels right. ;)

Anyway!

So, you ask, What else have you been up to, Mare? Not a whole lot, as you can probably imagine. The weather around here has been gorgeous, though, so I've been taking some photos.
What's that?
You'd like to see some of them?
Well, I don't care what you want. I'm posting 'em anyway! :P But not a lot 'cause it's bed time.

Here are some shots from around this nameless little town in which I live. I really don't want to reveal the name of the town, so I can't share a lot, but I think these will give you a good idea of the cute quirkiness of the place (Our local bait shop is located between the paisserie/bakery & a coffee shop. I think that's great). I took these on our first really warm, beautiful sunny day in a long time (2/28). I didn't even need a jacket. Lovely.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

5 comments:

derek said...

congrats on the gps! which one did you get?

derek

Mary said...

We got the Garmin StreetPilot c320. Is that the same model as yours?

derek said...

the c320 is a nice one! but no - mine is the Streetpilot i2 - i was looking at the c320, it's only about $60 more than the cost of a Map update,so i'm looking at getting one of those instead of updating sally's maps. i'm really tempted by the c340 with the traffic service. it will route you around traffic snarls auto-magically :) one thing that I really like about having the GPS is that you can drive with impunity. drive all over the city until you get lost and then punch "go home". follow the directions and you will ALWAYS get home! have fun! derek

Mary said...

Tim was able to get ours pretty cheaply (a bit more than $200). But isn't it very similar to yours? What does my Garmin have that yours doesn't?

derek said...

$200 is just about right for c320. yours has a bigger screen, is full-color, and has a touch screen. mine has none of those things. the software is the same though, as are the voices. i think yours might have a slightly more sensitive antenna, as well. the map update is $140. ack - george is pressuring me! gotta go!!!