Thursday, January 03, 2008

Finally home


Two whoooole days of driving. Again. And I survived it! Hooray! I felt a bit sick at the beginning of the trip, but I fought through it. Now it's all over and we're back in North Carolina. Maybe next year I can convince Tim to fly. If we get tickets early enough, it might even be cheaper that way, let alone faster!

Strangely enough, I'm actually glad to be back. I think this is the first time I've felt this way about returning to NC. Perhaps I feel differently because we were returning to our home - our very own lovely house. Or maybe I was just relieved to get out of that car! Either way, it's nice to be home.

We're pretty exhausted from the drive, but before I head off to bed I thought I'd post a few pics from Christmas day.

My mother decided to get me yet another wacky Christmas tree ornament. I thought we'd retired the tradition after the lobster ornament from 2 years ago, but when she saw that frog she just couldn't resist it. They look like they were made to be together, don't they?


Here's Dad minus one mustache and plus one paper crown from our Christmas Crackers.


The princess poses. And no, I can't remember why I was staring at the ceiling.


I am such a sucker. I simply had to get an ornament commemorating the purchase of our house: "First Year in the New Home - 2007".


And here is my gift from Mom: a stained glass window that she made all by herself. She was thinking of selling it, but since this is her first window I think it's nice to keep it in the family.

No comments: