Sunday, January 13, 2008

New year, new happenings

Neil Gaiman wrote the following in his on-line journal:
May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness. I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you're wonderful, and don't forget to make some art -- write or draw or build or sing or live as only you can. And I hope, somewhere in the next year, you surprise yourself.

Lovely, yes? What a wonderful thing to hope for. And how wonderful when you see it all start to happen to you.

This young year has been extremely busy for me, which is why it's been 10 days since I've posted.
1. I painted the downstairs hall and living room, which makes me happier than a very happy thing. Photos to come. Tim is so impressed that he told me multiple times that I am wonderful & even called me "SuperWife".
2. My friend, Laura, organized a Ladies Night for a bunch of our new female friends & acquaintances, so I got to spend many fun hours with 12 great ladies.
3. We played Rock Band for the first time at Laura's house. I'm a better singer than I knew! Or at least my pitch is pretty good. Tim had a great time playing bass and has the blisters to prove it.
4. We finally - FINALLY - had our regular little group of friends over for dinner and gaming. Kevin & Shawna even brought Hedgie with them, so Jennifer and I took turns cuddling the wee widdle hedgehog for much of the evening. Sadly, it's been many months since we've done this (Kyle had not even seen our house before last night! Shocking!), but now that most of the painting is done, we hope to have them over at least once a month.

A pretty promising start to the new year, wouldn't you say?

No comments: