Thursday, January 24, 2008

Whoa Baby!

Lately, Wednesdays have been pretty crappy for me. And Thursdays even more so. And why? Because my *&%!$#%+* cable company does not carry Bravo. Hence, I cannot watch Project Runway.

But this week I don't care. Even Time Warner Cable cannot diminish my glee. Because this week our dear Rhiannon had her baby! Little Amelia Elanor arrived Wednesday afternoon. Hooray! Another girl in the family! Many congrats to Rhiannon, Poppa Ed, & big brother Max. I can't wait to see the new addition!

Back when Rhiannon gave birth to Max, Tim and I celebrated by raising a toast - or rather, we raised slices of toast - in his honor. Unfortunately, this time we found that we had eaten all of our bread. What should we do instead, we wondered? Tim suggested that we have a real toast with alcohol and everything. But when I saw the Bailey's and butterscotch Schaaps, it struck me that Buttery Nipples were not the appropriate way to welcome a baby girl into the world. So I'm sorry, dear Amelia, but we didn't do anything special in honor of your birth ... other than send you and your family the very warmest of wishes.

2 comments:

lizgwiz said...

I don't know...any kind of Nipple seems an appropriate baby welcome to me. Hee.

Mary said...

Liz, I think you have a point there! But for some reason I feared that if we drank Buttery Nipples, it meant that little Amelia would be destined to be a hooker or a stripper or something.

It's okay. I had a cup of hot chocolate with whipped cream and sprinkles in her honor the next day. :)