Tuesday, July 01, 2008

41

Today is my parent's 41st wedding anniversary. 41 years! This afternoon Mom called me just to tell me what Dad had gotten for her for the big day: a Wii. I'm amazed that he found one. It reminds me of Christmas 1983 when he managed to get me a Cabbage Patch Kid for Christmas. I gotta ask him how he pulled this off. Anyway, the real point is that Mom is thrilled to bits & can't wait to break it out of the box. So tonight after going out for steaks, my parents will return home to play a bit of golf or maybe do a little fishing. Good times.

All of this reminded me that it has now been a whole year since we were in Florida for the big honkin' family reunion. So lets do a little time traveling, shall we, and take a look at my parents as they renewed their vows in front of friends and family last year.


Aaaaaaaw .... ain't they cute?!? It's hard to imagine being married to the same person for that long, but I am certainly glad they stuck it out. Thanks, Mom & Dad!!!

2 comments:

In The Kitchen With AUdrey said...

wuv, twoo wuv. i can only hope the same for all of us. what a great example.

Anonymous said...

I felt the same way when we did my parents 50th last year ! They just celebrated 51 last month ! A good example, indeed ~ Congrats to your folks !