Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Company's comin'!

Good things happenin' 'round here! Let's break it down, shall we?

1. Went to a great party at Dave & Megan's house on Saturday. Played a lot of Rock Band. Laughed a lot. Enjoyed ourselves without getting drunk! Wee!

2. A friend noticed that I've lost weight. Pretty darn encouraging. Now if only I could get properly back on the wagon. I've only worked out once this week.

3. I bought tickets to see "Rent" with a couple friends. I'm excited to finally see a show at the brand spankin' new Durham Performing Arts Center. It's the biggest performing arts center in the Carolinas. And since I bought our tickets in person (and NOT through MicketTaster), I saved us $18! Woot! I love saving money.

4. Tim has been a bit stressed at work because he was told there was a bug in his code that was causing the sound in the game to shut down. After a few days of banging his head against a wall, he discovered the problem! So now he can fix it and, with any luck at all, he won't have to stay late for the rest of the week. And it's especially important that Tim doesn't stay too late at work because ...

5. Derek & george are coming to town! They arrive tomorrow (Wednesday) morning. Yes, that soon! We haven't even gotten a chance to properly miss each other yet. I suspect the the main reason why they're coming right away is because george is jealous that Derek has met Millie & she hasn't. Yup, it's aaaaaaaall about the cat. Whatever the reason, it should be fun. We're going to eat Ethiopian food & see a show featuring giant puppets and shop at Trader Joe's and other stuff. It'll be good.

Must run. Gotta check a few items off my to-do list before Tim gets home. EEEEE!

No comments: