Sunday, January 25, 2009

You > pork

Hey, remember about 2 weeks ago when I made that post that said something about george & Derek coming to visit us? Well, they did indeed come here, stayed for nearly 5 days, & left a week ago.

George's first words upon laying eyes on my fur-baby: "Planetoid!" Yes, my cat is round. Very round. In a truly fabulous way.

A few things did not go the way I would have liked (Tim had to work extra after all, a show I wanted to see sold out, blahblahblah). Luckily we still managed to have a good time. We ate biscuits & lamb & Ethiopian food & sushi & pastries & eastern Carolina style BBQ & more biscuits. We saw a wacky Bollywood-Kung-Fu movie. We met the manager of a local theatrical troupe. We checked out some art - some of which we bought. We played Rock Band (george's version of "Rio" has forever changed that song for me). We found horrifically politically incorrect postcards (gotta love The South!). And we went to Trader Joe's. Twice.

Sadly, I was absolutely crap about taking photos. I've totally gotten out of the habit. Need to fix that. The few pics I managed to grab are very random & confusing ... in a kinda fabulous way. So I thought I'd share them anyway. Prepare to be befuddled.







This is the only pic I took of george ...


and this is the only pic I took of Derek


Alternate title of this post: "Greatness Is Within"






Substitute "pork" with "steak" and you'll have george's version of this button.

1 comment:

derek said...

We had a blast in NC! Everyone should go see Mary and Tim and expecially MILLIE!!!