Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Snow-bama Day!


Yes, snow! And not just a light dusting like what we usually get. I think we got about 4 inches! The news said this was the biggest snow storm in 7 years, so that meant the whole area shut down. Schools closed, trash did not get picked up, and Tim even got to stay home from work. As I mentioned before, we watched some of the TV coverage of National Obama Day. Tim was a bit disappointed that he had no chance to drive in the snow, but he changed his mind after he spent a few minutes brushing the snow off of his car. Even Millie thought she might want to venture out there, but as soon as a few snow flakes landed on her head, she thought better of it.



In the afternoon I told Mom about the winter wonderland that was right outside our door. Mom LOVES snow, so she told me to build a snowman in her honor. The snow turned out to be pretty dry & crumbly, but I did the best I could. He's not even 2 feet tall, but he's all for you, Mom!

2 comments:

Fitzy Snowman said...

Here is a perfect example of the "Snowbama" effect. After watching the inaguration ceremonies I was inspired to create a 2.5 ton snow sculpture tribute to our 44th president. Here is the link to the time lapse video I created. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h40ChZAYDh0

Mary said...

Wow! Very impressive. I bow to your snow-carving prowess, Fitzy Snowman.