Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Eurovision continues

M'kay. So. About all those extra countries. After I made that last post, I remembered that I'd seen Isreal compete at Eurovision. Israel isn't in Europe. So I did some research. Here's a quote from Wikipedia:

"Running since 1956, the Eurovision Song Contest is an annual televised song contest with participants from numerous countries whose national television broadcasters are members of the European Broadcasting Union (EBU)".

As you can guess, your country doesn't have to be in Europe in order to have an EBU station. So why don't they braodcast the EBU in the states, yo? Whuddup wit dat? I'lll tell you why. Because then the US o' A could compete at Eurovision and everybody knows that we'd win every year.

Do you doubt it? Do you? Then watch the Austrian entrant from 2003.



The man's name is Alf Poier. He and his cardboard band got 6th place.

The girls at Go Fug Yourself have a lovely commentary on this year's Eurovision. They even mention that great group from Belgium in 2003 who SOOOOOO should have won! Belgium was ROBBED, man!

1 comment:

The Forgotten Wonder Triplet said...

My first thought, of course, was "She did RESEARCH? girl needs a hobby!". But then, I watched that lovely bit of weird-ass cardboard and frenetic jumping in a language I'm pretty sure I took 2 semesters of college to understand, yet don't.

I'm pretty sure Eurovision is really just the code name for "Everyone but Americavision."

Also, I wonder what song ONJ did. Because to go against 'Waterloo', she'd had to have pull "Physical" out her ass, you know what I'm saying? And she didn't come up with that song till at least 5 or 6 years later. Quite the shame for Olivia, but hey, she still got to start in Grease! Frida would not have done so good a job, methinks.

In addition, the fact that Abba won in 1974, and I was BORN in 1974, only serves to prove that 1974 was, indeed, a Blessed year.

Yeah, I know that I'm actually commenting on a post that has nothing to do with ONJ, but everything will be okay.