Thursday, May 11, 2006

Tomorrow's gonna suh-uck

Blahblahblah.

It's Thursday. Haven't posted anything since Sunday and felt bad about that, so I guess I should write something, right? Maybe? But I don't know what to say. Blah.

I've been sick a bit this week. Tummy stuff. It's better now, which is good. Which is why I was able to unpack the rest of our stuff today! I put all of the empty boxes in the garage just so I wouldn't have to look at them. I dusted & vacuumed everything & put candles on the dining table. The place looks uber swanky and everything. I was looking forward to a lovely evening.

But when my beloved husband came home, he wanted to talk about cars.
Ugh.
And now I am in a terrible mood.

May I just say that I hate car shopping? No, not just "hate" in lower case letters. HATE. HATEHATEHATE. This is a very strong thing for me to say because I'm not a "HATE" kind of gal. I can usually find some kernal of good in everything. For instance, it is very common for me to hear people talking smack about somebody & for my response to be, "Well, he's always been nice to me." Or I make up some sort of explanation for why this other person may not have given the best impression ("I'm sure there was just a bit of confusion"). I have even said this about Ken Spence, people. Ken Spence! It seems like everyone once had a bad run-in with that man. Everyone but me, of course, because Ken was always nice to me.
Blahblahblah.

So what I'm saying is it's a big deal for me to say that I HATE something. And I HATE car shopping. And this means that I'm going to HATE tomorrow. The beloved husband has been doing marvelously well at work and was given Friday off. And he wants to spend this lovely, beautiful, paid-with-leave day at a frickin' car dealership. Color me unhappy. In fact, color me either red with rage or pale green with nausea, depending upon the moment. Too bad it's almost physically impossible for me to vomit.

So why do I hate car shopping? Well, I don't like spending money. I like saving money. The more I have reserved away in case of emergencies, the happier I am. And I am very careful about buying things. It is not unheard of for me to see a pair of shoes/pants/whatever at a store and wait many days or even weeks before purchasing it. I'll just mull it over in my mind. Because if I don't still want those shoes after a few days or a week or whatever, then they weren't worth the cost. And I just saved myself a good bunch of cash. Hooray!

But car dealers do not seem to understand this. They want you to purchase something immediately. And they like to put a lot of pressure on you to decide. And they tend to be FLAMING ASSHOLES. They are red, raw, ulcered, puss-leaking, wart-covered, flaming assholes. And I hating working with them. I mean, if I'm going to spend a few days considering whether I should spend 30 bucks on a pair of frickin' shoes, then I certainly deserve to take my time when it comes to spending 30 thousand bucks on a damn car! Ugh.

But we need a car. So shop we must. I'll let you know how it goes ... supposing my head doesn't explode first.

In other news, Veronica's having a hard time. But we've had some good conversations on the phone. Last night she apologized for unleashing a lot of emotions on me. So I told her about the time I apologized to my therapist for "vomiting my emotions" all over her. A short time later, V came to the realization that she is an emotional bulemic .... gorging herself on drama, & then purging all of her emotions out on her loved ones. Absolutely hilarious! At least it was at the time. George needs to put that in her stand-up act ... if she ever decides to do her stand-up act again, of course.

Other than that? Ummm ... my parents are on vacation in San Antonio, which is nice. And Janine and Jason will be leaving for their honeymoon this weekend. And last night george and I were discussing the idea of going to Vegas together. Or maybe on a cruise. With lots of friends in tow. Oh, how I would love to go on a fun vacation! We shall see ...

No comments: