Friday, July 20, 2007

Ouchie wah-wah

We've all heard of fertility gods, but I am more and more convinced that there is some sort of infertility god as well ... or actually, a thank-goodness-I'm-not-pregnant god. The only problem with worshiping at the alter of the god of Thank-Goodness-I'm-Not-Pregnant is that s/he is very fond of blood sacrifices. And if I attempt to abandon one of the official sacred alters (which look mysteriously similar to the couch & the half-bath), the god of Thank-Goodness-I'm-Not-Pregnant feels that it is appropriate to give me an invisible kick to the gut. Just to remind me who's boss, ya know.

Suuuuu-huuuuucks.

But I'll get over it. And when I do, I'll post more pics from our vacay.

Other happenings this week:
1. Last Saturday was our first dinner party at the new house! The ladies loved the house & I distinctly heard Shawna hinting to Kevin that they should buy a house in our neighborhood. Hee.
2. We saw Ratatouille. It's basically an animated foodie movie ... which is another way to say that I liked it. Now I really want to try making ratatouille.
3. We also saw the new Harry Potter movie. Hot damn, that was good!!!! Tim was still a bit confused (while discussing the finer points after the movie, the man said, "Wait a minute ... who's Snape?") but that's to be expected since he has not read any of the books and has only seen the last 2 films. Must fix this.
4. Tim briefly considered abandoning the Audi TT for the Infinity G35. But only briefly.
5. Now Tim is considering abandoning the Audi TT for a BMW 3 Series SomethingOrOther. The car can seat 4 adults, which is good. But owning this car will officially ensconce us into the realm of Yuppiedom. Hmmmmm.
6. Tim started a new job at work. There's no raise involved, but he's back to programming in C++ which is very good for his career. Plus, the company is very very picky about who they put in this area of the company, so it's a great compliment to Tim that they basically handed him the job as soon as he hinted that he was interested in it. So yay!
7. As of tonight at 6pm, Tim has a whole week off from work! Woot!

Hmm. That all seems very Tim-centric.
What else.
Ummmm ...
I bought some cream cheese.
That about covers it.

No comments: