Thursday, July 26, 2007

Randomness

Ya know, it is sad when I post more often than george. Really really sad. I think she needs to do something about that. Yup.

So remember that post I made about my parents' anniversary party? And remember those pics I posted of me and Tim on the back porch? One of my friends said that we look like we belong in a J. Crew ad in those photos. She meant is as a compliment (in fact, we've gotten tons of compliments on those photos which is sweet!) but it got me thinking. Maybe all of that worrying that the BMW would turn us into yuppies is all for naught because maybe we already are yuppies!!!!
Noooooo!!!!!
How did this happen?! I mean, I know we're not extraordinarily edgy or fierce or whatever, but we're at least kinda cool ... right? Tim makes video games for a living. And I've stood on stage and said & done things in front of hundreds of strangers that would make yo momma blush. So that's cool, right? Maybe? But maybe now we're not so cool. Because now we have a mortgage & spend a lot of time debating whether we should get a sporty two-seater or the luxury sedan with the moon roof.

The last nail in the coffin is Tim's footwear in that photo. Look carefully, children, and you will see that he is wearing (1) man sandals and (2) socks. At the same time. Tim is somewhat dismayed that this image is now displayed on the internet. I told him that he has a good excuse because he had been walking around Disney World for days and his swollen feet needed a little extra cushioning. Our friend Clair said, "At least he isn't wearing white socks." But sadly Tim feels that he has lost the last shreds of his punk, combat-boot wearing street cred. The days of him wearing head to toe black on the streets of Sheffield are long gone. At least he can still listen to his angry, ranting-man music in his swanky car.

And speaking of cars, he's starting to look at Saabs. Again. Heaven help me.

Hmmmm ... what else.

My internet connection has been crappy which is why I'm not posting photos again. It has crashed on me 3 times today - once while I was writing a blog entry. I took that as a sign. Bah.

I finished Harry Potter & was not as strongly moved as other people. I liked it, but I didn't loooooove it. And I didn't cry like everyone else on the planet. It makes me wonder if I'm a horrible, unfeeling, emotionally stunted person who should seek counseling. Tim insists that I'm lovely & that I was just too smart for the book. Corey tried to make me see that the parts of the book that annoyed me weren't really meant to be so annoying because of X, Y, & Z. I'm not totally convinced.

Janine is in the hospital! I'm not sure which one, but I suspect it's the Pink Palace. She should be giving birth any time now. Unfortunately, she had to go in because she developed a terrible bladder infection that she couldn't kill. That happened just before she gave birth last time, so she's trying to see this as a good sign.

Veronica was not hurt in the big explosions in Dallas. However, she has been suffering from a terrible cold and the explosions caused her ears to pop, so she can hear again for the first time in 4 days. So that's good! Also, she just realized that sometimes we talk about her in our blog entries, so it only seemed right to, ya know, mention her.

Lastly, Tim and I decided on a whim that we're going to leave town for a couple of days. We booked a room at a cute little B&B on the outer banks. Now we just have to throw some clothes in a bag & pack up Tim's fancy telescope. Hopefully we'll get in some good star gazing since we're staying far away from the cities.

So that's where we'll be! Toodles!

3 comments:

lizgwiz said...

I think having a mortgage starts the yuppification process, for sure. You should probably go audition for something really funky to get your "edge" back. Go and find the NC version of John Cruncleton. :)

derek said...

but have you made a spreadsheet for prospective cities considering property, income and sales taxes normalized for cost of living differences? then compared each city based on their respective real estate markets, salary differences as well as your ability to contribute to your IRA within each city, and projecting 5 and 10 year values of real estate and/or IRA accounts? you haven't...? oh.. uh.. neither have I... I swear.

:) Derek

derek said...

oh... wait... i just confused geekiness with yuppie-ness.

oops