Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Pics: Jekyll Island

Happy Independence Day, my fellow Americans! As I believe I mentioned last year on this blog, July 4th is a strange day in our household. Yet again, Tim has the day off of work so that he can celebrate a holiday that he doesn't celebrate. So we've spent the day sleeping in and watching an Eddie Izzard marathon on BBC America. Later tonight we'll watch televised poker while eating Indian food.We figure that there's no need to go out in search of fireworks displays because we saw TONS of fireworks while in Florida. The display at the Magic Kingdom nearly blinded me! Wowza! Good stuff, though.

So. Ummm. Yup. Sitting around. Watching TV. Pretty exciting times for us.

And that brings me to my next point. The fact is ... well, life is pretty quiet around here now & will remain quiet for the forseeable future. So I'm going to use this personal lull as an opportunity to FINALLY post some photos that have been lingering on my memory card collection for a while now.

Today I'll start off with some pics from our recent trip down south. We decided to take 2 days to make the drive down so that we could arrive in Orlando nice & early. We stayed the night at a hotel right on the beach on Jekyll Island in Georgia. I woke up before Tim & his mum, so I slipped out & took some pics of life on the beach in the morning.










No comments: