Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Our garden - Spring '09



Recently some of my on-line pals at the forum where I hang out requested that I post some more photos from our garden. What better day than Earth Day, right?








Here's one of the wild violets that grow on the west side of the house. They are the #1 reason why I won't use harsh chemicals on our lawn.











We have 8 azalea bushes in the back garden. This is my favorite one this year. The color is amazing!




Millie loves soaking up the sun, too.


And that's not all! I took some pics at the gorgeous Duke gardens last week, so I'll share those next time. Hope you can get out & enjoy the beauty around you this Earth Day.

2 comments:

lizgwiz said...

I have those little wild violets all over, too. Love them! I hate it when I have to cut down all my cute little flowering weeds in the interest of mowing the lawn.

Mary said...

I know what you mean, Liz. I set the mower to its highest level so those violets would be spared. It's a shame to think that some people think of them as weeds.