Saturday, April 18, 2009

Ten random notes ...



1. Mom and Dad made it home safely from the Holy Land. Apparently it was a great trip, but I haven't heard many of the details yet because both of my parents caught a terrible bug that made it very difficult for them to speak. It's been nearly 2 weeks since they returned and Mom's voice is still rough. Funnily enough, they started feeling sick shortly after visiting the pyramids in Egypt, so Uncle Buster has concluded that they've been hit by The Mummy's Curse. And we thought that was a myth!

2. I discovered that my aunt makes the BEST yeast rolls in the history of time. So soft and pillow-y and amazing. And the dough raises to heights that are not to be believed. Check it out.

Crazytown! I watched her closely & found a recipe on-line that looks extremely similar to hers, so I think I'll give it a try this week.

3. We ate a LOT while visiting the fam. Tim was introduced to Cincinnati Chili (he likes it "4-way"). We tried to take him to Ann's Ice Ball shop, but it's closed for the season. Boo! We took him to the ol' Dari-Bar instead.

Remember how I'd reached my goal weight? Ummmm ... that was kinda short-lived! I'm sure I'll get back down again.

4. Hollywood descended upon the Bull City this week. A movie called "Main Street" is filming around town & causing a bit of a stir. It's pretty amusing, actually. The movie stars Colin Firth and Orlando Bloom (among others). Definite heart-throb material. If you want to know where they're filming, just look for a small crowd of women with hopeful looks on their faces & cameras in their hands. You'll find them outside of buildings or lingering on street corners around town. And if you miss them, just watch the evening news. Every night this week - EVERY night - the TV news has gone out & interviewed these women. My favorite interview was of a 50-something lady who hoped "that little hottie" Orlando Bloom would come out & give her a hug. The reporters response: "Well, uh, I hope you get what you want." Snort!

5. I've been pretty busy doing all sorts of stuff. I'll post more info in the next day or two. My problem is I took more than 100 photos & I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by the volume. I'll definitely have to spread it out over a few days.

6. One week until auditions. Eep. I found a monologue that fits the time limit (from "Stop Kiss"). It isn't the most spellbinding monologue on the planet, but it'll do. Guess I better work on memorizing it now, right? Ugh.

7. Watching the first season of the following shows: Veronica Mars, The IT Crowd, Mad Men. All of these were new to Tim, but Veronica Mars was the only one I hadn't seen before. Tim bought Mad Men as a surprise for me. I think I won him over when he learned that the hot redhead from Firefly was on it. Hooray for delicious eye candy!

8. My 2 closest local gal pals are really busy with school right now. It really sucks because I feel like enjoying some girly time. Within the next few weeks, Jennifer will defend her masters dissertation and Shawna will graduate with her Bachelors in Architecture. Shawna says she won't be able to come out from under her pile of books until May 9th. Poor thing! Luckily, Jennifer has a little more wiggle room & we've made some plans, but not much. Le sigh!

9. I've been thinking again about how desperately I need to paint the kitchen. Still having trouble settling on a color, though. I want something light and warm that will look good with the oak cabinets. However, I don't want the kitchen to look like a bland cliche. I've been stewing over this for nearly 2 years & I think I'm now frozen with indecision. Maybe Mom can help me with this when she arrives in a few weeks.

10. Speaking of which, I can't believe my family will be here in less than a month! Mom has already told me that she's looking forward to relaxing with a cup of coffee & taking in the view of our backyard. Well, Mom, here's a little something to tide you over.

No comments: