Saturday, April 22, 2006

Flail, whimper, fret, flail

Tim and I are stressing out. We just toured the house this morning. We love it. The problem? There's competition! Another couple was there to view the house at the same time. Eep! So now we're worried that we won't get it. So feel free to imagine me sprawled across a couch, the back of my hand upon my forehead in a dramatic pose, as I cry out in agony over the situation. What are we going to do if we don't get this place?!? We have to be out of the temp place in just two weeks! Oh ... somebody bring me my smelling salts ... [faints]

The more resilient part of my personality is thinking positive thoughts. For instance, Tim and I have both spoken to the owner of the property, which seems to have set her mind at ease & she's told us both that we sound exactly like what she's looking for. Also, we can well afford the place. Thirdly, we saw The Competition and the wife is pregnant which is a problem for them because the owner of the house doesn't really want children living there. So! These things are all good. Let's hold on to the good, m'kay?

Also, Tim took me to see the car he wants to get. And I have to admit ...
I like it.
After all my poo-pooing, I actually like the blasted car. And I really like the salesman, too. I never thought I'd say that about a guy who sells cars, but it's true. He's not at all pushy. And he feeds the neighborhood cats who live by the dealership. That's right ... the man takes care of the hobo kitties. That's a good sign, yo. Anywho, the car is very nice. Hmmm. We'll see.

Cute houses. Cute cars. I'm turning into a yuppie. Eep.

In other news, I have spent more time on the phone this week than I have in years. I feel like I'm back in 10th grade or something! Just yesterday I spoke to Veronica, Corey, Janine a couple of times, Dr. White (dad's old friend who lives here), Dad himself, and Mom (who called 4 times and promised she won't stalk me quite so much in the future). I've also spoken to a few other friends and, of course, I've called a couple of people about finding a new home for us & our stuff. And I had a lovely long chat with Peter and Susan (the bro & sis in law back in England). Take note that these are 75% in-coming calls. It's cray-cray, I tells ya. I've only managed to call george once amongst all the madness. But I must say that I'm loving all of these in-coming calls. Makes me feel appreciated and needed and such. And I need a little validation when I'm so far from everything I know. It also keeps me from worrying about some of them so much.

Take note: george has been in LA for nearly a week and hasn't gotten a nose bleed yet! Woo hoo! Take that, Hollywood smog!

No comments: