Thursday, April 27, 2006

Hey baby ... let's get lost


The most difficult thing about the move so far has been getting accustomed to the road system. The streets in Tulsa are laid out in a basic grid system. There are some exceptions to the rule, of course, but fairly few. So it's pretty easy to find your way around.

This is not the case in the Triangle. Note the above artistic interpretation of the road system.

The roads here are swirly! There is not a single straight road in the whole area. And it gets tricky because sometimes you feel certain that you've finally found a straight road, but before long it begins to curve. Also, the labeling of the roads can be confusing. Are we on the 70 by-pass? the 70 business road? The other version of the 70? All of this and more has lead us to get lost a few times. Which leads to many tense moments with your car companion. And the occasional argument about who was supposed to double check the directions. [clears throat] Luckily, Tim has managed to sort out the confusion & find our destination each time. Each and every time! Astounding. This has lead me to believe that he has magical powers. There is no other explanation. How else can he determine magnetic north in the dark without a compass?! Astounding. Maybe our children will be born with similar magical powers & we can send them off to the American version of Hogwarts. Or maybe even Hogwarts itself so that they can have cute accents like their poppa.

Speaking of children and psychic powers, I had my cards read this week. Cards as in tarot cards. It was just an internet thing at the on-line community I frequent - no big deal - and I swear that I don't put faith in such things. Just decided to do it on a whim. But my reading was rather interesting. check this out, kids.
"Usually I PM information like this - and usually I don't like to speak in certainties because often when cards like this come up it can be either literal or it can be figurative. HOWEVER I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that this is literal - simply because of the sheer number of the cards that come up that refer to it. You are in a very good relationship. There is true equality and balance here - you compliment eachother perfectly. I believe that you are going to have a baby. If you are not now pregnant, you soon may be. The reason I haven't PMed you about this, is that I believe this will not shock you, as the cards show that you may have gone off birth control. As I've said, and just to cover my ass if I'm totally off base, it could be that I'm taking the cards too literally and that they refer instead to some other creative enterprise undertaken with your husband - this after a period of leaving things up to chance and fate."

The eeriest part of all this? I'm not on the pill right now. Long story, but I ran out. Good thing I don't put any faith in such things, right? Right?!? [laughs nervously]

Speaking of Scooby Doo, I need to learn how to get the photos off of my phone and onto my computer. I've got some excellent pics saved on there that I want to use. Mainly I want to share the pic that I have as my phone wallpaper. It's a fantastic picture of george in a woolly yeti costume. The thing that hit me today is that, in this photo, george looks suspiciously like Robert Smith of The Cure in the video for "Why Can't I Be You". It's uncanny.



Two of my favorite things - george and The Cure - in one perfect image! It must be shared! But how?! Guess it's time for a bit o' research.

1 comment:

georgeious said...

spooooooooky - this is not the first time there has been a comparison made between me and robert smith. i hadn't even thought about that one when we took the photo while you were out of the room! do i lookee likee him all of a sudden? is that the younger smith or the old fat elvis smith of now? is this like the time i was in that ad and people said i look like jimmy fallon?

do i look like ANY females?!?!?