Sunday, April 30, 2006

Sunday Boring Sunday


Watched the re-run of the San Marino F1 race today. Yawn. I know it didn't help much that I already knew who won. But it was reeeeeally dull just seeing Michael Schumacher and Alonso running around for the last 20-odd laps, knowing that noth.ing. was going to hap.pen. And with no word on how Kimmi was doing. Or Jenson. Or Rubens. Or tons of other people. Yaaaaaaawn. At least I finished the last row on my latest crochet project.

Which brings me to names. Spefically, the names of curves & chicanes on these circuits. I have no problem with naming them after famous people in Formula 1 (like the Villeneuve curve at San Marino). But I have some issues with the Nurburgring. I can accept the Castrol-S and the Michelin Kurve. But the Coca-Cola Kurve just feels wrong. Is F1 really this desperate for sponsorship? Is it not enough that the cars and the drivers are covered in sponsor logos?

And while I'm whining about advertising, take a look at what's coming to a parking lot near you: parking stripe advertising. I thought the one for Botox was the best, but the one for Hotel Monaco is pretty hard to beat.

Anywho.

While waiting for the race to begin, I was playing about on the internet and found a little something that brings me joy. Cubees! So cute! The Quicktime film on that site gave me the giggles ... which, in turn, brought Tim out to the living room with a raised eyebrow. Sooooo bizarre. But in such a good way!

Tomorrow the owner of the house should receive our initial payment. Which means we should be getting the keys. Which means I'm going to be busy moving our stuff over the next week. Here's hoping I don't wreck myself like poor Holly and george!

No comments: