Saturday, February 24, 2007

Caturday!

Okay. Fine. I give in. So many of my favorite bloggers have written the "5 Things About Me" entry & have said, "Now it's your turn!" So I guess now it's my turn.

Hmmm. Let me think.

1. I have a tiny bit of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder - especially when I'm stressed out. At those times, I count my steps & I avoid cracks in the sidewalk. If I hear a word, I will spell it over and over and over again in my head until I can't even remember where I first heard it. I will count on my fingers obsessively, but the number I stop on must be divisible by 4 or 10. Really. I hope this makes you feel better, Liz.

2. I think my first appearance on stage was when I won a Halloween costume contest at the old Broken Arrow Community Playhouse. I was 5 & I was dressed as an angel (My mom made the costume). My best friend's mother was the artistic director of the theatre company. I'm sure that this fact did not influence the outcome of the contest, as it really was a great costume.


3. I was a Clown for Christ. Back in high school, my family's church had a small clown troupe made up entirely of kids. We went to hospitals, day care centers, and retirement homes where we would perform skits. My character did not speak. I used sign language & gestures. That's right ... I wan't any ordinary clown ... I was a MIME! I wore a billowy white suit with pastel ribbons around the seams. My make-up was a white face with small pink lips, purple eye shoadow, & a pink jeweled tear that I glued onto my cheek. I performed Sandi Patti's "Love In Any Language" in sign language. And my clown/mime name? Gentle Spirit.

4. I hated eating in public until I was about 17 years old. Even then, I still wasn't fond of restaurants or the school cafeteria, but I was able to get over it for the most part. See, I had a lot of digestive issues as a kid (a LOT!) & was terrified of having sever stomach cramps (& everything that came with it) while away from the house. Even the smell of food could bring on an episode. This is why I never worked in food service. And this is the main reason why there are so many foods I've never tried. I just had such terrible experiences with food when I was little. But my guts are better now & I'm far more open to culinary experimentation than ever before. Yay. :)

5. It's the little things that make life worthwhile, ya know? One of the little things that I enjoy is silly pictures of animals. And if those pictures have wacky captions? All the better. This picture in particular makes me smile to no end.
I can't explain it. I just LOVe this pic! Last night I was on the phone with george and just thinking about this photo made me giggle. If you like this sort of thing, too, then check out this website: "I Can Has Cheezburger?" It'll make your day brighter.

2 comments:

lizgwiz said...

That picture (and caption) IS hilarious!

You were a mime clown/clown mime? You realize that makes you some people's worst nightmare? Hee.

Mary said...

But at least you don't feel so bad about that time you had to lip-synch a show, right? :D

At least I was the cute kind of mime and not the annoying, pan-handling, trapped-in-an-invisible-box kind of mime. And I saved SOULS with my miming! SOULS! SAVED! All thanks to the art of mime!