Saturday, February 03, 2007

Seattle Pics, Part 1

Some of the harsher edges of my jet lag have smoothed out, so it's time to post some piccies from Seattle! Wee!!!

So I arrived in Seattle at about 11am Pacific Time on Thursday, January 25th. Within about an hour of picking me up, Derek had already taken me to Pikes Place Market. And that is where I took my fist pic of the trip.
That's right. It's a giant squid. It was hanging near the store that sells nothing but wind-up toys (That's it! Just wind-up toys!). I believe it was at this moment that I realized that this trip would truly kick ass. And boy was I ever right! I must admit that the first day was kinda overwhelming. So much to do and see! I was also feeling a bit self-conscious about taking photos. But here's what I got. Enjoy!


This is the fish stand where they hurl fish through the air to amuse the tourists.










"AARRHHRR! I'm a monk fish!" Another sign says "We deliver to downtown hotels!" Are they implying that one should purchase a raw fish as a souvenir?















Elvis is working as a fortune teller in a magic shop in Seattle. Who knew!


















The Giant Shoe Museum. Note that museum itself isn't giant; just the shoes.



After george got out of work, I was taken to Ikea - my very first trip to the famous store. I think I was too overcome with shock and joy (and exhaustion) to take pics while we were there. It's like a multi-hour Disney World ride dedicated to furniture. Amazing.


Food ethnicities consumed on my first day:
Indian (at the buffet around the corner from george's job)
Swedish (at Ikea!)

1 comment:

The Forgotten Wonder Triplet said...

Ikea is much cooler than you or I could ever hope to be.

Thats my opinion, anyway.

Can't wait to see more pics! Looks like you had a fabulous time!