Sunday, February 04, 2007

Happy 2nd Elopiversary

Two years ago today, I left work a couple hours early so that I could run off and get married by a preacher in a track suit. Tim and I did not exchange vows that day (we saved that for the proper wedding in April), but by legally marrying on that day in 2005, my dear Tim was allowed to stay in the United States with me. Aaaaaaaw! In honor of our elopiversary, I decided to make the traditional desert of elopement: spice cake! But somehow that turned into carrot cupcakes with a lovely orange & cream cheese frosting. Still spicy, though, so it counts! And that frosting is too amazing for words. Maybe I'll post the recipe someday so you can eat it straight out of the bowl while watching "Somewhere In Time" for the 16th time.

But before you do that, please gander at these pics from the second day of my visit to Seattle! It was Friday - Derek's birthday - and it was chock full of fun.

Dizzy was quite interested in the wind-up toys we got for george at the market.


For lunch, Derek & I met up with george for cupcakes. Guess which cupcake is Derek's!


What is more stereotypically touristy Seattle than Starbucks and the Space Needle?


The Fremont Bridge Troll (which, oddly enough, is NOT under the Fremont Bridge. Hmm!).


The largest Lenin statue in the USA. You can own it for only $150,000. Really!


Archie McPhee - home for tons of happy crap!





After a marvelous dinner of Thai food, we went back to the apartment & played with all of the wind-up toys we could find.


Bubba & Stewart, paralyzed with joy.

2 comments:

lizgwiz said...

I want a elopiversary cupcake. Those sound yummy. I also want a bridge troll. Those sound UN-yummy!

georgeious said...

me want cupcake! i'm going to have to hunt down some spice cake this week in your honor... maybe to eat on tim's birthday.

oh, and thanks for taking a picture of the new sofa, just so rhiannon and everyone else will believe that it actually exists. don't you just love the cat hair my babies have added for that extra special decoration?