Tuesday, September 29, 2009

For my eyes only

Most of the time when I take photos, I do so with the intention that I will share the images with others. Granted, it doesn't always turn out that way, but at least that's my intent. Today I'm going to share with you the rare exception: photos I take just for me.

As most of you know, I'm not terribly fond of spending money, but I am fond of research. That's where my camera comes in handy. If I'm considering a purchase and researching certain products at a store, I often whip out my ol' camera and take a few pictures. It's a great way to catalog the model number and price, as well as the general look of the thing.

Then when I go home to think over the purchase, I have everything I need to know on my handy dandy memory card! For instance, I need only look at this pic to remind me that the shelves of this Ikea bookcase are 13 inches deep.

I do this ALL the time. Usually it's for big purchases for the house like faucets for the bathrooms or the new lighting fixture in the dining room. I've found it's a much better technique than scribbling the details on a piece of paper (which I will inevitably lose amidst all the other junk floating around in my purse).

Yet another reason to love digital cameras.

No comments: